17 May 2019
Noel Studio for Academic Creativity and Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning
Eastern Kentucky University
Dr. Mary-Ann Winkelmes, Director of Faculty Development, University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)
"Transparent Instruction Promotes Equitable Opportunities for Student Success"
2019 Call for Proposals
Transparency in Teaching and Learning
Submit a proposal | Proposal submissions due: February 8, 2019
The conference theme, “Transparency in Teaching and Learning,” encourages us to examine and promote transparent strategies for teaching and learning that engage students in deep, transferable academic experiences.
Do you have an exceptional strategy to share? Do you have a new theory or practice that might enhance teaching and learning, faculty development, educational practices, or student engagement at your institution and beyond? Presenters are encouraged to engage their audience, so preference will be given to those submissions that specify how this engagement will be provided. The conference will host an opening session on transparency in learning and teaching.
Threads might include but are not limited to:
- Use of technology to enhance transparency in teaching and learning
- Creative instructional techniques that engage students in transparent learning, especially deep learning
- Faculty development initiatives, programs, and processes that promote transparency in teaching and learning
- New ways to use Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) to enhance transparency in teaching and learning
- Strategies for incorporating diversity, culturally responsive pedagogy, and/or inclusive excellence into transparent teaching and learning
- High-Impact Educational Practices that enhance transparent teaching and learning
- Student perspectives on transparent teaching and learning
Review of Proposals Criteria:
- Relevance to conference theme
- Clarity and coherence of the session description
- Specific examples of active engagement of participants
- Likelihood session will provide useful information, skills, and ideas
- Contributions to new or innovative practices
Presenters will also have the opportunity to submit their work for consideration in the annual Proceedings, published by New Forums Press.
Register for the 2019 Pedagogicon
Registration deadline: Friday, May 10, 2019
Pre-conference workshops will take place on Thursday, May 16, 2018.
Full-time faculty/staff: $35
Part-time faculty/staff: $15