Faculty Development Services
Faculty Consultation Program
The faculty consultation program is a one-on-one mentoring program for faculty providing consultation, classroom visits, resources and tools related to teaching, and ongoing opportunities for collaboration focused on integrating evidence-based teaching practices into your classroom.
Faculty consultations provide an opportunity to receive feedback and guidance on
- Course-Design, Syllabi, and Rubrics
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Research and Design
- Scholarship and publications
Peer Observation of Teaching
The peer-observation of teaching is a confidential, three-part process consisting of a pre-interview, a classroom observation, and a post-observation meeting. Peer observations focus on organization, rapport, presentation strategies, and classroom teaching materials. Faculty members can request a written report for documentation and continued enhancement of teaching.
Teaching & Learning Environment Consultations and Advising
Space design is critical to any academic landscape. We can provide one-on-one, small-group, and departmental consultations and advising about updating, redesigning, or planning new learning spaces across campus. Several options include:
- Classroom space design or redesign
- Learning space design for interactivity and collaboration
- Planning and managing learning space design and implementation
- Research and assessment of learning space design
- Active learning space design (for example, mentoring from the middle)
- Flipping the classroom
We can provide individual and small-group feedback and demonstrations on integrating technology into teaching and learning. Feedback might focus on
- Incorporating the latest technology into your teaching
- Maximizing technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Making the most of campus hardware and software
T&L/Professional and Faculty Development Inquiry
Do you have other questions about teaching and learning at EKU? Send us your questions or let us know about opportunities in your area.
|Classroom Observation Form||318.25 KB|