Faculty Innovator Application Form
Application due March 15, 2021.
Position starts fall 2021. FIs are appointed for a 3-year term, with the option to renew for a second 3-year term.
Thank you for your interest in the Faculty Innovator (FI) program. The FI program addresses initiatives of the EKU Strategic Plan by demonstrating innovative, high-impact teaching practices, supporting faculty campus-wide, and promoting student engagement for lifelong learning. As teacher-scholars, the faculty innovators serve as role models within their respective colleges and within the university.
Expectations of the Faculty Innovator position include the following, at a minimum:
- Lead at least one TLI session, demonstration and/or workshop, (either through the FCT&L or in their college) on innovative/best practices in pedagogy and technology;
- Conduct outreach activities within their college to connect one-on-one with faculty;
- Observe faculty in the classroom;
- Serve as a liaison between the FCT&L and the individual colleges, by helping foster improved communication in both directions;
- Model or test innovative teaching strategies in the FCT&L Classroom;
- Participate in various university events (by attending, facilitating, or helping to plan);
- Attend two planned meetings/year (one at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters), to outline initiatives and discuss upcoming events. Check-in meetings may occur throughout the semester as well, when there are pressing agenda items for the group to discuss.
Please enter the information below to apply for a Faculty Innovator position. All applications will be reviewed by a committee of Faculty Innovators. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.