High Five for Student Achievement
Introducing the High Five Collaborative for Achievement! During the 2018-19 academic year, the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning (FCT&L) will offer a variety of professional development opportunities that focus on empowering students for success at EKU and beyond. Participants will:
• Relate High Impact Practices (HIPs) to their student learning outcomes
• Employ strategies to foster community to motivate and retain students
• Generate ideas for collaborations in and out of the classroom
• Value diversity and inclusion
• Select appropriate activities/ lessons to empower students for success
To participate in the High Five program, complete FIVE professional development activities from the selection of
- Teaching & Learning Innovation (TLI) series sessions,
- Developing Excellence in Eastern's Professors (DEEP) courses,
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), or related special events such as the annual Pedagogicon or Scholars Week focused on teaching and learning or student success.
Successful participants will earn a certificate and free luncheon. Participation in this collaborative can be recognized as professional development for the purpose of tenure and promotion.
Complete the form below to express your interest in the High-Five program and to list the experiences you plan to pursue. Participants will receive additional information and details regarding coordination. Participants will be invited to orientations in cross-campus clusters involving faculty from multiple colleges and departments.